Discount Programs for Teachers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- March 4, 2009--With continuing economic troubles and ever-shrinking education budgets, teachers have reason for hope with TeachersDisCount. TeachersDisCount, a subsidiary of TeachersCount, promotes free money-saving programs exclusively for members of the NEA and AFT.
- Both discount programs provide access to deep discounts and exclusive offers from thousands of name-brand merchants. From health products to clothing, tires to airline tickets, hotels to groceries... TeachersDisCount helps teachers get more of the things they need for less.
- Featured merchants include Restaurant.com, Target, BestBuy.com, and DIRECTV. Register through TeachersCount at http://www.teachersdiscount.biz/.
- Activating an account takes less than thirty seconds and gives instant access to the entire program. Teachers can set their preferences and request merchant-specific reminders so that the program highlights the most relevant offers.
- “TeachersDisCount has always been important.” says TeachersCount’s executive director Diana Burroughs. “Given all the challenges we hear everyday regarding the economy and the status of education in our country, making sure teachers know about TeachersDisCount is more important than ever. It’s not only a way for teachers to save money, but a reinforcement of how valuable teachers are to society.”
TeachersCount is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to raise the status of the teaching profession and provide resources to the education community. Using a public service announcement national ad campaign and related initiatives, TeachersCount is working to create a permanent culture of teacher appreciation in the United States. To learn more about this website, please visit http://www.teacherscount.org
Please contact Diana Burroughs at 212-222-1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries
# # #