This list of scholarships for prospective teachers is not exhaustive, but it will give you a great place to start as you search for funding to begin your teaching career.
- TEACH Grant Program
- The TEACH Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to begin a career in teaching.
- AFCEA STEM Scholarships
- The AFCEA Educational Foundation is offering at least 50 scholarships of $5,000 each to students actively pursuing an undergraduate degree, graduate degree or credential/licensure for the purpose of teaching STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) subjects at a U.S. middle or secondary school.
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- The AAPT Executive Board offers two scholarships for future high school physics teachers. Undergraduate students enrolled, or planning to enroll, in physics teacher preparation curricula and high school seniors entering such programs are eligible. The two successful applicants will each receive a stipend of up to $2,000.
Deadline: December 1st of every year
- Math for America Fellowship Program
- Math for America offers four fellowship programs for new and experienced mathematics and science teachers and leaders. MÉA has seven sites across the country and each site offers different fellowship program options.
Deadline: May 6, 2013
- American Federation of Teachers
- The American Federation of Teachers lists prospective teacher scholarships by state.
- Bright Futures Awards: National ECE Scholarship Program
- Four scholarships are awarded for students pursuing degrees in early childhood education.
Deadline: May 31st of every year
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)/State Farm Companies Foundation Scholarship
- State Farm provides 20 scholarships yearly to Hispanic students pursuing an education career.
- James Madison Junior Fellowship
- This fellowship is awarded to students who are working towards a Masters in the Art of Education degree with a concentration in American History.
Deadline: March 12, 2012
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics; Prospective Secondary Teacher Scholarships
- Supported by the Texas Instruments Demana-Waits Fund, the purpose of this grant is to provide financial support to college students preparing for teaching secondary school mathematics. Up to two scholarships, with a maximum value of $10,000 each, will be awarded to persons currently completing their sophomore year of college, scheduling for full-time study at a four- or five-year college or university in the next academic year, and pursuing a career goal of becoming a certified teacher of secondary school mathematics.
Deadline: May 4, 2012
- Public Allies Fellowship Program at Eagle Rock School
- The Public Allies Fellowship Program at Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center provides twelve individuals with an advanced yearlong service and leadership development program focused on education and youth development at the nationally recognized Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center located in Estes Park, Colorado. Through this unique service and training opportunity, Public Allies Eagle Rock Fellows will gain skills that will make them effective teachers, leadership trainers, and youth workers. Candidates must have a college degree to be considered for the fellowship. Fellows will work and live together in a community with eleven other Public Allies Fellowship Program participants, students and staff at the school's state of the art facilities in the Rocky Mountains northwest of Denver.
Deadline: February 17, 2012
- Society of Physics Students Future Teacher Scholarship
- Based on scholarship and SPS participation, this $2,000 award is presented annually to an SPS member who is participating in a teacher education program and who plans to pursue a career in physics education.
Deadline: : February 15th of every year
- Straightforward Media
- Through an easy online application, straightforward media awards $500 scholarships four times a year to potential teachers.
Deadline: January 14th, April 14th, July 14th, and October 14th of every year
- Online Education Database
- This website provided a list of Teacher Scholarships ranging from $250 - $4,000